The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW stability Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Am I dreaming or the really latest SP of OW 5.7 are very stable ??

You are not dreaming I find it to be excellent as well

But in Tiger I find it less stable than in Leopard.

In Leopard OW almost never crashes.

I find them very stable as well. I think I've only crashed 5.7 once thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-rick View Post
But in Tiger I find it less stable than in Leopard.

In Leopard OW almost never crashes.
Same experience here. I was really surprised that after upgrading to Leo OW behaved so much better. I got to a point on Tiger that I began to think about switching browser - oh noooozz.

Now all seems well.

I can't say that my experience has been much better on Leopard than on Tiger, but that could be because I have an older CPU. Nevertheless, 5.7 has been ok. Safari 3 is as stable and much faster loading pages in my experience, however.

I've never had any stability problems, and I've been using OW & SP's since the 5.6 SP's started. A few crashes here and there, but over the past several months, probably no more than 10 total - about what I would expect from any browser, honestly. I do keep history and favicons turned off, which may help, I suppose.