The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drawer/panel plugin Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be nice it OW offered a plug-in architecture like TextMate, so someone could write a plug like this:

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/08/06/proje...-for-textmate/

So users who dislike the drawer could use this, and others not.

I very much agree. Or preferably, for Omni to ditch the drawer in favor of the more modern panel interface completely.

If I had that, a nice docked find panel a la Safari and Firefox, and the ability to automatically switch focus to my last selected tab upon closing a tab, I wouldn't give other browsers a second look.

You mean this screenshot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgarrett View Post
I very much agree. Or preferably, for Omni to ditch the drawer in favor of the more modern panel interface completely.

If I had that, a nice docked find panel a la Safari and Firefox, and the ability to automatically switch focus to my last selected tab upon closing a tab, I wouldn't give other browsers a second look.
Absolutely! I get mildly annoyed when I open tabs, have them appear at the end of the tab drawer list... then when I close them I have to manually navigate back to my original tab. What OmniWeb 5.9/6.0 needs is a setting to switch focus to the last selected tab, as well as a setting to open new tabs in an adjacent tab position in the tab drawer.

The Omninauts have suggested in the past that they're looking for a way to get beyond drawers:

http://blog.omnigroup.com/2006/11/02...rs-take-three/

And they have also said that we can look for a sneakypeek of OmniWeb 6 in the next few months. My guess is that we'll have a non-drawer UI when that comes along.