The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Issues with syncing to MobileMe - error message Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
mtinker: Do you have any OmniFocus messages in Console?

Here is my console log from yesterday.
Attached Files
File Type: zip omnilog.txt.zip (5.4 KB, 493 views)

mtinker: It looks like something (perhaps MobileMe iDisk syncing) is inserting old unrelated transactions back into your sync database, which confuses OmniFocus when it tries to figure out how all the transactions fit together (since they don't).

If you can't figure out where those transactions are coming from, you might try creating a new folder on your iDisk and configure OmniFocus to sync into that folder rather than straight into Documents.

Quote:
I ended up deleting the ofocus file from my idisk, turning off sync on both my mac and iphone, and then turning it back on. That resolved the issue. Not sure what the problem was though.
This also resolved the issue for me. Relatively painless fix, but hopefully Omni will get these sync issues worked out by the final release of 1.1.

I also have the problem "no root can reach all tail transactions" when syncing to my own web dav server. Omnifocus had been working very well for weeks. I am running the release candidate 2 on my computer and the last release was a while ago so this problem is a bit of a surprise because nothing has really changed. I am also using the Omnifocus for iphone 1.0.3. I just renamed the corrupt omnifocus file and synced everything again and it seems to be working.

I got this error as well, using Bonjour syncing. After a couple days of successful syncing, it just appeared. I just turned off syncing and then turned it back on, and all is well again. A bit disturbing to have to do it, but at least it wasn’t hard to fix.

I've been using OmniFocus for iPhone for barely two days, using Bonjour to Sync with OmniFocus, and encountered an error only a couple of syncs with OmniFocus on my Mac.

The error report is along the lines of:

Quote:
Unable to synchronize database with server.

Unable to read document.

No root can reach all tail transactions in "...".
And I've a load of console error messages like:

Quote:
05/11/2008 21:49:49 OmniFocus[53668] sync terminated with error: {
code = 7;
domain = "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.XMLData.ErrorDomain";
userInfo = {
NSLocalizedDescription = "Unable to read document.";
NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion = "No root can reach all tail transactions in \"file://localhost/Users/ian/Library/Application%20Support/OmniFocus/Synchronization%20Data/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus/\".";
"com.omnigroup.framework.OmniBase.ErrorDomain.File LineAndNumber" = "/Volumes/Disk/Users/Shared/kc/ReleaseProduct/Source/OmniGroup/Applications/Focus/XMLData/XMLTransactionGraph.m:359";
};
}
I turned off syncing in Mac OmniFocus like bigcloits, then turned it back on again. I then found I had to choose either the server or local copy when next trying to sync iPhone OmniFocus, and promptly lost all the changes (quite a number!) I'd made on my iPhone. (I selected the server copy on my Mac figuring it was my complete database!)

Is this a known issue that is high on the list to be fixed? Is there a way around fixing this problem without losing data that I'm not aware of?

Regards,

Ian

We've seen this a couple times, but I don't know the details about it. You should be emailing this to omnifocus@omnigroup.com so our Support Ninjas can help you troubleshoot this, and let you know if there's a workaround. They'll also log this in our bug database if it hasn't already been fixed for an upcoming release.

See this post for more explanation of what's going on here.