The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View actions by changed & completed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to build a perspective that will allow me to group actions by date changed, and sort by completion date. I tried context mode, but can't set both remaining and completed actions simultaneously. In planning mode, I'm closer, but if a project has been changed, all it's actions appear. I only want to see the actions actually changed by date (i.e., "Changed Today", etc.). Is there some method I might be overlooking?

I set off to build this perspective because I get a lot of 'work as it shows up' that I need/want to track, and sometimes I forget if I've entered the action, and end up entering it twice.

Bob

Why not just create a tasks recently added perspective , that's what I do .
It will show you definite breakouts for added today and added yesterday .

I use context view Group by :added , Sorted by : added, filters : remaining , any duration , any flag state .

I find it very helpful especially when I'm trying to add a new task in the " stalled " projects view , forget to focus on the project first and it disappears from view before I get the action added .

That could definitely be a useful perspective for me. The problem I found with Context mode is that I want to also see completed actions (sometimes I enter an action (usually belonging to a SAL) and mark it complete, but then later that day or the next day, forgot I'd already entered it. Thanks.

Bob