The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bonjour Sync Issue - Any Fix? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I tried the solutions from that thread previously and they did not work, lol. I ended up calling the support ninjas this morning and they were able to provide an alternate solution that works just as well, if not better, than my previous method. Thanks for you help though!

--
Sent from my BlackBerry

After several more months of episodic success with Bonjour synching and finding I wasn't synching any more, I gave up, bit the bullet, and got the bargain-priced Mobile Me acct from Amazon. Works great every time. I hate to give up, but sometimes it's just not worth the effort to keep fighting.

Macdaddy, it sounds like you're only using MobileMe to sync your data? If that's the case, and just in case you can cancel the MobileMe membership, I wanted to make sure you knew we started offering free accounts on an Omni-hosted sync server a few months back...

In case other folks having sync trouble run across this - one useful diagnosis tool if you're trying to stick with Bonjour syncing would be to download Apple's free iTunes Remote application for your iOS device.

It also uses Bonjour to communicate with the Mac - if both applications are unable to talk to the Mac, that tends to indicate that something about the network configuration is preventing communication between the two devices...