The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"Fetching remote database" takes forever? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
YIKES!
Just as i posted this it worked!
Still I am interested in other experiences but this is no longer a call for help. :-D

FINALLY MY TASKS ON THE iPHONE - WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

Original Post:
----------------

Hi folks!

If YOU have already successfully synced your OF DB to the iPhone, how long did it take?

I am asking because i already started several tries but OF on the phone seems to take forever when coming to the "Fetching remote database" step of synchronization. There is absolutely no progress, even after waiting for 15mins. Connection is via WLAN and the rather fast internet uplink of our lab.

I quit OF on the Mac and made sure the idisk is synced well.

Does anyone else have similar issues?

Cheers
Silvan

PS: OF document file size is about 45MB after i used the archiving function for old data.

Last edited by Quorcork; 2008-07-11 at 05:50 AM..

45 MB? You might want to archive some more data if you can.

Whoa. 45 MB?! I have a lot of actions in mine database (certainly more than a 1,000). But the last time I checked, my file size was only about 320 KB. Of course, I have no embedded attachments (all linked in), so that probably makes a big difference.

-Dennis

I have this same problem. I have archived everything since 1/7/08 so I can't imagine my database is terribly large.

Any solution?

Jennifer

OK, so I just checked and mine IS that large. 50 MB.

Regardless, how do I get it to sync properly?

Jennifer

BTW I have no imbedded attachments either.