The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Interface looks exactly like that 4 second video Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ok, so I haven't plunked down my $40 yet. I'm sure I will by the end of today, but I am hesitant, which is disappointing.

When I saw that 4-second video, I couldn't help but laugh! It looked like a complete mess. After a few posts on the forum, I was ensured that that was just a rough mockup, and that the final would look way more polished.

From the screenshots Im seeing on iTunes and the OF website, the final product looks almost identical to that mess I saw on that 4 second video.

I can't explain it, it just looks ugly. It doesn't seem polished, the icons look too big, things are out of proportion.

Now, I'm not a graphic designer, and I don't claim to be able to do better, but I can tell when something looks "off." Omnifocus for iPhone is bland, but looks fine. Omnifocus for desktop looks like an OSX application. Omnifocus for iPad looks like the ugly misfit of the bunch.

Don't get me wrong, I like GTD/OF so much, I'm sure I'll part with my $40 by the end of today, but not after reading hundreds of reviews. This isn't a leap of faith purchase for me like the other OF products.