The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sneakypeek License Expired Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

My Sneakypeek license is expired.

What do I need to do to get back up and running with OmniFocus?

So did mine

There's two different kinds of expirations.
One is a demo limit so you can only use OmniFocus for 2 weeks without buying a license. We've been resetting that 2-week window lately, so people can keep trying OmniFocus out while we iron out the syncing bugs. It's possible we forgot to reset it because of the long weekend. We will probably do so first thing tomorrow morning.

The other way OmniFocus expires is that any individual build only works for a certain amount of time after it's created. This is to make sure all our beta testers are using current versions. It doesn't benefit anyone if you're running an old build and frustrated by bugs we've already fixed. If this is the type of expiration you're seeing, you can download the latest and greatest here:
http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

Hmm keeps telling me I need a license even when I try to quit - keep having to force quit - it did seem to manage a synch though

Oh well have to use the iPhone version for 24 hours it seems

The licence has been extended in the latest build, but if your copy has already expired (mine had) you'll need to download the latest build from here, because you won't be able to get to the "check for updates" menu item.

Also, if you've run OF, you may need to log off and then back on again before installing the new version, in order to stop some running services. You can probably do it from Terminal too, but I don't know how.

Mark

Logging in and out did the trick - thanks!