The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

So slow to load in leopard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ever since I upgraded to Leopard, OF installs and loads slowly taking more than 1-1/2 minutes. And guidance on how to correct the problem?

Thanks! Bill

I'm not sure it's a leopard problem. It's gotten pretty slow here on tiger, too. I've been assuming that'll get sped up as code gets optimized.

Wow. Not seeing that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourdebill View Post
Ever since I upgraded to Leopard, OF installs and loads slowly taking more than 1-1/2 minutes.
I am running Leopard, and I am not seeing that either.

OF seems to get progressively slower to launch with extended use. I think this is because of the way OF stores its database. Essentially it stores an optimized version of the database, plus a list of all the changes made since the last time the database was optimized. The database is optimized when 1) the database format changes in a new OF build, 2) you restore from backup, or 3) you choose File --> Rebuild Database.

I suggest Backing Up your database, then trying File --> Rebuild Database.

I'm not sure if my guess is correct, but the rebuild seems to help on my system (still on Tiger until 10.5.1). Please report back if the rebuild helps on your machine.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
OF seems to get progressively slower to launch with extended use. I think this is because of the way OF stores its database. Essentially it stores an optimized version of the database, plus a list of all the changes made since the last time the database was optimized. The database is optimized when 1) the database format changes in a new OF build, 2) you restore from backup, or 3) you choose File --> Rebuild Database.

I suggest Backing Up your database, then trying File --> Rebuild Database.

I'm not sure if my guess is correct, but the rebuild seems to help on my system (still on Tiger until 10.5.1). Please report back if the rebuild helps on your machine.
Thanks Curt, that solved the slow startup for me.

Curt - your solution also solved the problem for me. Thanks!

Thanks. It was getting very slow for me too. (on 10.4.10)

Now the launch of OF is almost instantaneous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
(still on Tiger until 10.5.1)
Mac OS X Update 10.5.1 released today.