The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

gmail keyboard shortcuts not scrolling Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

just tied release 17 and loving it. If you try using keyboard shortcuts in gmail for moving amongst messages (j,k) and you scroll past a message that the browser window would need to scrool to get to, it does not happen. This does work in firefox/camino although not in safari. Identifying the browser as firefox does not help. Given that the browser is based on safari maybe this is a mute point?

Steven

Try clicking someplace in the web page (of course, an area that isn't a link) before using your shortcut keys. The same thing is often true for other browsers like Firefox. The focus for javascript just hasn't been set when you first get to the page. This works for me using Firefox as my browser identity.