The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

CRISIS: half my data (one group) vanished - here's what I know Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have two groups: personal and work. All of my personal items disappeared. I restored from backup -- tried a few files from the past couple of days. It simply doesn't exist (though I saw all the data yesterday).

Instead of restoring from backup within Omnifocus, I double-clicked a backup file from yesterday, and all my items are there. But if I shut down the app and restore from database to that file, half the data is missing.

My setup is that I use SwissDisk for my synching; I have an iPhone too. The iPhone has all my items, strangely.

So what I want to do is to somehow restore to that backup file with all my data, but it doesn't seem to work: the act of restoring hides or removes half my items.

I really need help!

Are you sure you don't have a focus on your Work folder? Check that you can't click on "Show All Projects" in the View menu.

Yeah, this really sounds like the Focus command got activated unintentionally - if you select Perspective -> All Items from the menu bar, do the missing items reappear?

Restoring from a backup would add the items back to the database, but it wouldn't reset the "what stuff is visible in the window" settings, so the same items might still be filtered out of view. Switching to the All Items perspective does reset all those view filters to their most permissive options.