The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus screenshot and feature overview Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yup! This is what I want. The UI view shown looks like the OO view I like. In fact, it looks like OO with the Mail/iTunes UI, instead of a drawer.

If it has the same sort of OO capabilities for attachments and notes then I know which GTD app I want.

As much as everyone has migrated to iGTD, I'm just not hooked on the UI. I suppose it's because I started with kGTD and OO. But I just can't help it if you made OO so good and simple to use.

The wait continues. I think at this point I'll revert back to kGTD for now. It will make the transfer so much easier. Just need to update the info in my kGTD now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
On our blog, we just posted an OmniFocus screenshot and feature overview.
In the project title bars, there's a single arrow for "The School of Athens" and a double arrow for "Ideas to Sketch Out". Are those buttons? What do they do? I can't figure it out...

The arrows indicate whether the project is sequential or parallel. In a sequential project, all the tasks must be done in a particular order. In a parallel project, the tasks can be done in any order. This is important when determining next actions. You'll also be able to set task groups as sequential or parallel, though this isn't show in the UI right now.

Michelle

I know it's difficult to show work in progress, but your willingness to do so is appreciated.

Seeing the ideas take shape encourages me to wait patiently until the release.

Thanks,

Geoff

Brilliant! Thank you for posting the pictures. And for taking the time to do the application right. I am more than willing to wait for a project that is elegant and beautiful to use, than one that just works.

Thank you Omni!

re: http://blog.omnigroup.com/wp-content...cus-reveal.png

Regarding the screen capture of Focus on your blog.

The last item in the Inbox, Ask Maracantonio about the print run, has a project and a context. Why is it still in the Inbox (normally for unsorted items)? Is there a "synch" button to press?

In the release version would it jump into the project to which it has been set? Or do you have to manually drag it into the project. Manually dragging isn't such a bad thing IF that is a way that you can set the item's project.

-------------

I like the way you kept the outline in Focus.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianT
re: http://blog.omnigroup.com/wp-content...cus-reveal.png

Regarding the screen capture of Focus on your blog.

The last item in the Inbox, Ask Maracantonio about the print run, has a project and a context. Why is it still in the Inbox (normally for unsorted items)? Is there a "synch" button to press?

In the release version would it jump into the project to which it has been set? Or do you have to manually drag it into the project. Manually dragging isn't such a bad thing IF that is a way that you can set the item's project.
Items stay in the inbox until you drag them out or until you trigger a command to process inbox items. Inbox items only get processed if they have a project assigned or if they are marked complete.