The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Cannot delete Visio shape, has odd mask when selected Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, I'm relatively new to Omnigraffle Pro (OGP), but I'm loving it (for the most part) so far! I'm in the process of converting many wireframes from Visio to OGP, and I'm running into a particularly frustrating problem.

Word bubbles. WTF? I see a way to recreate them in OGP, though they're not as robust as the ones in Visio, but that's not my current problem.

Sometimes I can't delete them, and they behave very strangely. When I select one, the entire canvas grays out, except for a small area... it's like some sort of invisible mask is invoked upon selection of this shape. (See attached screen-shot.) I can't delete the shape when it's in this state... but I don't know what state to disable!

I've searched extensively on Google, and even on these forums, so I'm forced to come on here and whine about it, in hopes that an OG staffer can explain this obscure "feature" to me and how to obliterate it from my precious wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	strange_shape_mask.png
Views:	793
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	2117  

Any chance you could provide an example file that demonstrates this problem? Mail it to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com along with a description of the problem and steps to reproduce and you're more likely to get an answer.

Seems like something that should be able to be diagnosed with the information I already provided. That being said, I sent an example, in the hopes that I get an answer sooner rather than later.

Speaking as a retired software developer, when you've got a long list of bugs to look at, the customers who provide all of the pieces to make reproducing their problem as easy as possible are the ones who get their problems worked on first, all else being equal. You aren't interested in finding the answer to something that looks like your problem (but isn't), you aren't interested in playing 20 questions to find out how your setup (where the problem occurs) is different from theirs (where it doesn't), you're interested in finding the answer to your problem, right? How better to arrange that than to have them try it with some data where you see the issue?