The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web Interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansays
I'm far from the world's leading crypto expert, but might you be able to do some sort of initial cookie-based "pairing" with the iPhone on the LAN? Have OF check the IP of the request, and if it's on the same subnet, give it a token. Whenever the client subsequently tries to request a page outside the local subnet, hash the token against the current time, pass it back to OmniFocus, who in turn verifies the validity of the token. (Like I said, I'm not a crypto guy, so apologies if some of the terminology is confusing.)
The only problem is that cookies are passed as text in the clear so anyone snooping would be able to fake the cookie pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalt
The only problem is that cookies are passed as text in the clear so anyone snooping would be able to fake the cookie pretty easily.
Yes, but if the authentication token is hashed against the current time, and expired as soon as it's accepted, it shouldn't matter. It's disposable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreising
.. I have two problems though. Some contexts that I know have tasks in them don't display anything.

Also, Context folders show up in the list, but have no contents....

Bill
I was seeing this too, just my Next Actions are displaying in these folders. Is there anyway to have it show all of the Action Items in each context?

David v.

Try scrolling up. The page doesn't snap to the top of the document when you select context further down on the list.

Okay, re: my local pairing suggestion, nevermind. I didn't think it through properly. Won't work.

Also: it seems that the "Safari can't open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server" message is not related to the self-assigned certificate. I toyed around with Telekinesis, which also uses a self-assigned cert, and it lets me in just fine after accepting a warning. Must be something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansays
Try scrolling up. The page doesn't snap to the top of the document when you select context further down on the list.
No, I was already doing that. Maybe I'm not being understood.

For my @Calls, I have, let's say, 20 tasks listed under that context. But, in the Web interface, I only see 3 of them (and they are all Next Actions, when looking in the OmniFocus client).

I would like to be able to view all 20 of them, not just the three.

Any help is much appreciated.

dv.

Do you have your filter set to "available" or "remaining"? I think the web interface only displays actionable tasks.

I just tried the web interface and got it to work over my work's intranet.

One problem though was that the button that was send link in mail, was sending the wrong IP address out. It was my airport IP address from home, not my ethernet IP which was my currently active internet connection.

I tried turning off airport and restarting the web interface to see if this would work and it wanted to send out the same IP address that was incorrect.

I tried port 3000 on my PowerBook's IP address from my work ethernet connection and presto! it worked!

Pretty nifty, although I am using it on Safari on windows and it has the "iPhone interface", still neat.

Idea though, please oh please enable this to work as a web app in compliment to the desk app. I use Mac personally and am forced to use Windows at work. If I could use OmniFocus on my Macs and then at least be able to view my projects and contexts lists online without having my Mac online and accessible would be awesome.

How would this work? OmniFocus runs on the Mac locally and syncs or backs up its files to an online server (or even .Mac?). You have an offsite and online backup of your OmniFocus file. Then using a web app you can view and manipulate your projects and contexts lists. Maybe this could be a separate website in unison with OmniFocus or maybe OF could backup to .Mac and using a special website hosted on .Mac with user authentication one could view and manipulate their OF file on the .Mac server. Also, with the .Mac service you could keep your Mac portable and desktop in sync as well.

Also, maybe you could allow multiple backups to .Mac from a week and a month ago (or other designated time lengths) for that extra warm fuzzy feeling of security with having multiple offsite backups.

Just some thoughts... but the web app being accessible on a Windows machine without having to keep my Mac online would be wonderful for me. It doesn't have to have all the functionality of the OmniFocus app, but some limited manipulation would be nice.

Another thought I just had about the web app. If it could detect your browser and accommodate to your viewer size.

ex. if iPhone then use the special sized iPhone interface, if desktop browser use full window view... something to that extent.

If you're not seeing all of your actions in each context in the web view, open the inspector, click on each project and uncheck "Actions must be performed in order". You will then see them all.

One request for this web interface please.
It would be nice if we could specify the port. I'm a rails developer and often port 3000 is taken by the projects I'm working on. For that matter, sometimes it's up to about 3005. Not a big deal but it would be nice. :)