The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Time Tracking feature in OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Perhaps this timer program would work for you

http://www.macworld.com/article/1167..._features.html

I actually bought Timer Utility Pro on the Mac App Store but for some reason it's no longer available. But the web site has a non-Mac App Store version available.

Timer Utility Pro has a time tracking feature that allows me to set billable rate and has a stopwatch feature that lets me pause and resume the countdown. It exports to a CSV text file which can be imported into a spreadsheet for reporting purposes.

I'm fairly sure there are other timer programs that can do the trick for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yucca View Post
I currently just log my time as I go into a spreadsheet, and then re-key it into our corporate time accounting system once a week. This still makes sense as OF would not capture meeting, travel or unplanned time.

That said, I might find a way to take advantage of some extra fields (for elapsed time and accounting codes) in OF to automate at least a portion of my time accounting workflow. And, yes. A generic timer field (with supporting controller) would be awesome.
I do nearly the same but use OmniOutliner with the Timesheet from the OmniOutliner Extras page (Useful Scripts package). See also this thread.

You can extend the Timesheet so that you can add e.g. accounting codes.

Yes, this is a shameless plug... I hope I'm not breaking any rules here...

My software might help. It's called TimeTable

http://stevenriggs.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriggs View Post
Yes, this is a shameless plug... I hope I'm not breaking any rules here...

My software might help. It's called TimeTable

http://stevenriggs.com
This looks great. Thanks for sharing it! I think it's going to solve some problems for me. I wish I had had it a while ago (I spent a bunch of time a while back using Thunderbird/Postbox with the Lightning add-on to export .ics data as a .csv).

I've been tracking pomodoros in ical/google for a while now and this is a great compliment to that, when it comes to doing reporting based off of that.