The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new context symbol Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Another vote for no icon. For folks that desire the @ before their contexts, they can type it. In the current scenario, for those that don't, we're stuck.

It seems like there are 2 camps.... Those that prefer the "@" symbol and those that prefer something else or nothing at all.

I am personally in the "@" symbol camp but I don't mind adding my own "@" in front of the text. A nice compromise might be to have a set of available icons that a user can choose choose including a NO symbol option. This way everyone is happy ;-)

Just a thought...

I like having some sort of symbol ... still another clue that I'm in context mode.

The symbol also makes a nice handle to grab and move contexts around.

The current symbol works for me, but so did the @. I like anything that doesn't call too much attention to itself.

--Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by laner19
It seems like there are 2 camps.... Those that prefer the "@" symbol and those that prefer something else or nothing at all.

I am personally in the "@" symbol camp but I don't mind adding my own "@" in front of the text. A nice compromise might be to have a set of available icons that a user can choose choose including a NO symbol option. This way everyone is happy ;-)

Just a thought...
Love it. As part of the "something else or nothing at all" camp, my intent is not to prevent others from utilizing the beloved @ sign (and it is beloved). My only hope (OK, maybe not my only hope) is to have the option. Your proposal would suit me just fine.

I love the "@" icon (alone or in its current incarnation). Somehow, in the context of GTD, "@" has come to represent contexts, so it's a helpful visual clue. But I certainly support the option to have it visible or not. :-)

Oh -- and I agree that the spacing between the new icon and the context names is slightly too generous. They seem detached. But it's not too big a deal. :-)

Last edited by soundsgoodtome; 2007-07-12 at 08:28 PM..

I've been working for a day without an icon next to the Contexts and I like it just fine. Until there is more than one type of thing appearing in the left frame of the Context view then I think having an icon on each item is redundant.