The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Entry default key doesn't seem to work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I use Services I am able to capture selected text into the Quick Entry window, but if I use the default keys, CNTL+OPTION+Space OS X 10.5 seems to open a search window instead.

So I tried changing the key sequence in preferences to just OPTION+Space. This opens a Quick Entry window, but without any of the selected text in it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

doug

p.s. I really have been looking forward to this app and love it so far!

Same here.

The Services action works fine (even with OF not running), but the shortcut (my own ones) don't work properly: the Quick Add box does indeed appear, but nothing is selected that was selected in the originating application.

UPDATE: the "clippings" settings do work: specify your shortcut there, and then selected texts from other apps get moved into the Quick Add inbox window.

I think the shortcut for the Quick Add box (under the "General" preferences) is indeed intended to work that way: just call in the Box without adding anything. For adding selected stuff, use the clippings.

Last edited by HERMAN; 2007-11-17 at 02:21 AM..

Thanks. That seems to work.

doug