The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Retain formatting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there some way I can set up Omniweb to retain a pages formatting when I copy it? I can copy a page from Firefox and paste it into Thunderbird and it retains the formatting and images. I find this quite handy at times. I lose all the formatting with Omniweb and have to individually import all images. Am I missing something?

Sass

Can you give me an example page so I can see exactly what isn't transferring over? (You should be able to copy images and such out of OmniWeb).

Not sure if this is exactly the same problem, but my wife experienced a similar issue when she recently switched to Mac. For whatever reason, it appears as though Windows has the edge when copying from a web page and pasting into email/MS Word/etc. The Mac seems to struggle to retain the necessary formatting.

The problem is actually Thunderbird - putting it very simplistically, it isn't a fully 'native' Mac application and as such doesn't support many of the features that the OS offers. One of these is Services. If you copy and paste a page from OmniWeb to e.g. Mail or TextEdit, the formatting will be preserved fine (you can also use the Mail Contents of This Page option from the file menu to achieve the same effect if you are using Mail).

The reason why Thunderbird works with Firefox is because they are both developed by the Mozilla org and both share the same back-end code for rendering.