The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spinning wheel Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I often have multiple tabs open. Frequently, I look up to see the spinning wheel on some of my tabs. They are no on sites that need to refresh nor do I want them to refresh. Is there a setting to control this constant searching/refreshing/updating problem? I don't know if it is affecting my wobbly bandwidth, but I suspect it is.

Sass

Last edited by Sass; 2009-08-11 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: Typo

Do you have an example of a page that never stops loading? People experience this with gmail which isn't actually constantly accessing the network the visual indicator is wrong in this instance.

Show the Network Activity window (select Window>Network Activity or press command-shift-A) when this happens - or just leave it open all the time - and find out what is causing the loading icon to appear. It is probably something that is stuck downloading or a flash file or something (or Troy's aforementioned gmail issue).

Two pages that run constantly are my Facebook Home and Profile pages. I'm not able to attach either the pix of the Network Activity window nor copy and paste them.

One of them says:
HTML Document «facebook...home.php?ref=home»
Unknown Resource«6.channel21.facebook...p_1265902584=0_a=1 &nctr[n]=1»

HTML Document «facebook...jeaniekilgour?ref=name»
Unknown Resource «7.channel21.facebook...p_1265902584=0_a=1&nctr[n]=1»

I can delete these ; the spinning stops for minute or two then resumes with the lines right back.

Last edited by Sass; 2009-08-12 at 10:00 AM..

This is probably similar to gmail. They do live updating and have a connection open but data is not constantly streaming through. We have a bug filed on this issue.

Thanks, Troy. :-)