The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to navigate back multiple pages with one click? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After posting on USA Today (eg.) and using the refresh I can't go back to the front page when using the back arrow without going through all the tasks performed on the page I was posting to. Is there a fix for this? I simply want to be able to use the back arrow to take me back to the front page of USA Today with only one click.

If you click-and-hold on the small triangle on the back button, OmniWeb will show you a contextual menu of the various pages in your history. Select the page you'd like to navigate back to from the menu. Hope this helps!

An alternative:

You could also add the Mark page and Previous/Next Mark buttons to your toolbar:

For any pages you want to make the one you jump back to, click the Mark page button. Then no matter where you are in the site hierarchy, clicking the Previous Mark button will take you there directly.

This is because ach of those tasks is adding an entry to your history. You can try holding the button as Brian says, and finding the original page there.

Opera has a "rewind" button that goes back to the first history entry for a given site visit, which usually works in case like this (but not always).