The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creating projects in a project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there. I just finished listening to Back to Work's GTD series a half hour ago, downloaded OmniFocus, and am jumping right in. Is there a way to have a project with other projects in the first project? For instance I have a master project called 'Move to Washington'. In that project I want to have another project called 'Tools are ready to be picked up from Dustin' & 'Book boxes are mailed'. How would I accomplish this? Is the folder the only way to do this or are there other strategies?

Thanks for the help.

-sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney_leb View Post
Hi there. I just finished listening to Back to Work's GTD series a half hour ago, downloaded OmniFocus, and am jumping right in. Is there a way to have a project with other projects in the first project? For instance I have a master project called 'Move to Washington'. In that project I want to have another project called 'Tools are ready to be picked up from Dustin' & 'Book boxes are mailed'. How would I accomplish this? Is the folder the only way to do this or are there other strategies?

Thanks for the help.

-sydney
You may be better off creating a folder with the master project name and then creating the other projects inside that.

Ultimately, it depends what your goals are and how you want the info form the different projects to display in Context view.

If you don't understand the difference between parallel and sequential projects, spend a bit of time learning about that too.

Projects can have 'Action Groups' inside of them. If you don't like using folders, just put actions inside of actions, and the parent actions will become action groups with many of the same settings as Projects.