The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NetNewsWire clippings –*working? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Evenin’,

since I bought NetNewsWire a couple of days ago, I wanted to try out clippings from it. Well, even though I have it enabled in OF’s preferences, hitting my clipping shortcut doesn’t do anything.

What I do: I select a news item in NNW and hit my shortcut. The Mac beeps, but nothing gets added to OF’s inbox.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this feature broken for the time being?

Cheers,
-Sascha

Unfortunately, I think you need to have some text selected from the item's content in NetNewsWire, the same goes for pulling in stuff from Safari.

What we need is a "Clip-O-Tron 3000" for NetNewsWire and Safari (like we have for Mail).

Thanks for the heads-up, Toadling. Too bad. At least OmniWeb is supported, i. e. selecting an URL in the address bar can get clipped.

I vote for more Clip-o-Trons. :D

Cheers,
-Sascha

I hadn't tried selecting the URL in the address bar - that works in Safari too. I guess the trick is that something needs to be selected, but can be content or the URL. Cool.

But I agree, more Clip-O-Trons to just grab the frontmost window if nothing is selected would be nice.