The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for iPhone v1.11 has been approved! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliteralmind View Post
I am having a minor problem with calendar events. A few hours ago I added a new event for today, but it's not showing up in OmniFocus. I've double checked that ALL calendars are displaying in OmniFocus, and I killed OF in the multitasking tray. Still not showing up. I've even synced it to Google, which I can't imagine should make a difference, and it didn't.
Sorry for the trouble! If you email support, we'd love to look into this with you.

@Aliteralmind
I use Pocket Informant as well. Pocket Informant supports multiple calendars and you need to make sure the new event you are creating gets written to the iOS calendar. Make sure your Pocket Informant settings are configured for this.

Once you have them setup correctly and you create a calendar item in Pocket Informant, then go to the Apple provided calendar application. If you can see your event there, then that confirms that Pocket Informant is writing to the correct calendar. Then it should show in Omnifocus as well.

< Pocket Informant supports multiple calendars and you need to make sure the new event you are creating gets written to the iOS calendar. Make sure your Pocket Informant settings are configured for this. >

I'm looking through the settings, which I've become pretty accustomed to, and I don't see any write-to-iPhone-calendar-immediately setting. Can you clarify this for me?

Anyway, I don't understand how it happened, but as best I can figure, as soon as it shows up in the default calendar app, it pops up in OF--like you mentioned. Perhaps syncing in PI does kick it into place? Not sure.

If anyone has any insight, it would be appreciated. It's clearly not an OF bug, but it sure felt like one at first. Association and Cause...I ALWAYS mix those two kids up. :)

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2011-08-11 at 07:40 PM..

@Aliteralmind
Hi, you need to check the Pocket Informant settings in two places.

Go to 'Settings' then 'Calendar Settings'. Make sure iOS Calendars is 'ON'.

Go back to the settings main page.

Now go to 'General Settings', then 'Manage Calendars' make sure your iOS Calendar is the default for creating new appointments. You can do this by tapping the '>' beside the iOS calendar, then 'Make Default'. Be sure to SAVE.

When you go back one screen you should now see a Calendar icon beside the iOS calendar. That is Pocket Informant telling you that this is the default.

Now any new Appointments you create should get written to the iOS calendar and will also now appear in Omnifocus.

cheers.

Awesome update -- but I think you guys might be a little too modest with your version numbering. This felt more like 1.5 than 1.11 to me!

This is One dot Eleven...One dot Five came out about two years ago. The major version is 1, and the minor version is 11. It is tempting to think of it as a single number, and the way it is presented certainly encourages that mistake, but don't be fooled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrayu2 View Post
@Aliteralmind
Hi, you need to check the Pocket Informant settings in two places...
Got it. Thank you. I followed your steps and it now works in OF as it should. I wish I understood what these settings do (I briefly searched help, and there's no manual proper available via the app...need to look at the website), but it still properly syncs to my Google calendar, so it seems good so far.

Thanks again for walking me through it.

Amazing, amazing update.

I absolutely love how Omni keeps on polishing the iPhone app. Forecast has become such a pivotal part of my workflow. And now with Start Dates and Calendar items, too. Downright fantastic. And the UI refinements are very nice.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the wonderful work!

Hi :O)

I'm new to Omnifocus - just come over from Nozbe and must say that Omnifocus blows it out of the water completely - a fantastic piece of software - especially the folders and multi level projects - brilliant :O)

The only problem I'm having is that I can't see my CalenGoo calendar items in the forecast view.

After reading other posts I guess this is becuase I am connected to my google calendar and not the iOS calendar? If this is the case is there a way around it as I need to use the google calendars as other people update these for me also?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the great product - I even considering buying an iPad just to use it on ;O)

Tim x

Correct, OF can only access the iOS calendar. I set up a gmail account with my iPhone with Calendar sync, which populates the iOS calendar and OF then displays my events with no issues.