The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

AppleScript: Set Active Workspace Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use OmniWeb along with LaunchBar. I thought it would be kind of nice to open a specific OmniWeb workspace from Launchbar.

To this end I tried to write an AppleScript program that would activate Omniweb and open a specific OmniWeb workspace. Such AppleScript program could be launched from Launchbar.

Even though Omniweb's Manual says that Omniweb's AppleScript support includes setting the active workspace, I can't find a way to do so.

Could anyone help me out on this? Many thanks.

I don't know anything about AppleScript, but if you can script opening of files in the Finder, an alternative approach would be to create a script that opens the workspace(s) in the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/Workspaces folder.

Jonathan, many thanks for the hint.

I added a new indexing rule in LaunchBar which scans the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/Workspaces folder. As a consequence, I can now open specific workspace files from within LaunchBar without using AppleScript. This is even better than I thought.

Thanks again!

No problems, but it just occurred to me that you might hit a slightly annoying bug using this method. If you launch OmniWeb by double-clicking a Workspace in the Finder: the first time you try to switch to a different Workspace using the Workspaces menu, it will cause the first one opened at launch to suddenly reload (you'll get a blank Workspace list under the menu as well). This only happens the first time you do this per session, otherwise it will work fine.