The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SnipURL stopped Copying to Clipboard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've had SnipURL in my Favorites bar for a loooooong time. During that time, the SnipURL service has gone with numerous UI changes, without a hiccup.

I just discovered SnipURL is failing. Its popup window appears, and everything seems to be fine, including the "Copied to clipboard, ready to paste" message when I click the Copy button. But the clipboard remains unchanged.

Is SnipURL working for other 5.8 SP1 users?

[submitted as formal feedback]

Last edited by Ward; 2008-11-12 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: fix typo

The latest SnipURL Javascript fails to copy-to-clipboard in both OmniWeb 5.7 and Safari 3.1.2.

I suspect I have a conflict between SnipURL and one of my dozens of menu add-ons and other gizmos. I'm now longing for the return of ConflictCatcher from OS 9 days.

Shortly after posting my previous notes, SnipURL replied to my problem report:
Snipurl does work in Omniweb. Do you have both Javascript and Flash enabled?
Yes, both are enabled.

I just tried SnipURL in Firefox 3.0.3, and it also does nothing.

It certainly looks like SnipURL conflicts with one of my oodles of OS X enhancements. Rather than spend any more time trying to track this down, I'll just right-click the short URL and do a Copy to Clipboard.

I used the manual copy-to-clipboard for quite some time. Then one day a tiny voice said, "Try clicking the 'Copy & Close' button." It worked! And it kept working for a month or so.

But now all of the buttons in the SnipURL window are non-functional in OmniWeb.

This time around, SnipURL works fine in Firefox 3.0.12. So this is looking more like an OmniWeb glitch.

OmniWeb 5.10 SP users: Does SnipURL work for you?

-- Ward

[submitted as formal feedback]

The SnipURL developer has fixed the problem, which was also affecting Safari 4.0.2.

SnipURL is a handy addition to your Favorites bar, turning loooooong URLs into a short snippet that doesn't get mangled by email applications. For example,

http://snipurl.com/o509h [forums_omnigroup_com]

-- Ward

Last edited by Ward; 2009-07-28 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: add SnipURL example