The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: Email to OmniSync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be great if I could email a task or project to OmniSync and have it sent to each of my installs of OmniFocus. This would enable me to get tasks from my work PC to my iPad.

It would also allow me to integrate OmniFocus into our issue tracking system as I'd just direct alert emails to the OmniSync address.

Last edited by Cantankerous; 2010-08-23 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Fixed Typo - MoniSyn to OmniSync

Yeah, we've been considering a setup like this. Mostly a question of finding developer time to work on it. SO MANY PROJECTS. :-)

Add another supporter of that idea

This would be fantastic. We're Windows-based at work. I'm loving OmniFocus for organising at home (first time OF user, awesome on the iPad!). The ability to register something in OF via an email from work would be really really useful.

yes it would be great and would make omni focus a lot more powerful

May I beat Curt for once by reminding folks that feedback for feature requests should be sent via OF > Gears button > Contact Omni? Votes sent in that way are counted towards development priorities, but forum posts are not. Send in your votes!

Added the request via the iPad interface. But it is a lot easier to type it here on my laptop keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
Added the request via the iPad interface. But it is a lot easier to type it here on my laptop keyboard.
What I do if submitting something that would be more conveniently done on a Mac (lots of text, multiple attachments, etc.) is this:

Start drafting the message on the iPad, then press the cancel button. When prompted, choose Save to keep the draft. Now I can go to mail on my Mac, load the saved draft and finish in comfort.

I'm using MobileMe mail service for this (IMAP) and have it configured to save drafts on the server. Obviously, if the draft doesn't get stored by the iPad (or iPhone) where the Mac's email client can retrieve it, this won't do any good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
Saw this posted somewhere:
http://people.omnigroup.com/dave/link-o-tron.html

That works really good for me on my Windows machine at work!