The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Removing task hyperlinks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Several of my recently-added tasks have somehow acquired hyperlinks that I would like to remove. I'm not sure how it happened, but the task itself, along with the context all appear as hyperlinks. When I click on them they all take me to the same project (which is unrelated to the tasks). I can't even edit the text because as soon as I click, it opens a new window to this other project.

I assume I have done something wrong along the way. I have used omnifocus for years and have never seen this before, and I can't find anyway to remove the link!

I'm updated to Omnifocus 1.9.

Sorry for the trouble this is causing. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of that would cause this is one of the entries in the "Style" preference pane accidentally getting a "make hyperlink" style added.

If you open that pane in OmniFocus' preferences, is the "Reset" button in the lower left active? If so, and if you're not using any custom styles you want to preserve, pressing that button will likely clear that up.

If you are using custom styles, or if resetting the styles doesn't fix this, email the support ninjas and we'll be happy to help. Apologies again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry for the trouble this is causing. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of that would cause this is one of the entries in the "Style" preference pane accidentally getting a "make hyperlink" style added.

If you open that pane in OmniFocus' preferences, is the "Reset" button in the lower left active? If so, and if you're not using any custom styles you want to preserve, pressing that button will likely clear that up.

If you are using custom styles, or if resetting the styles doesn't fix this, email the support ninjas and we'll be happy to help. Apologies again!
This issue has been around for an awfully long time, though it doesn't seem to happen quite as often as it once did. Is there any way that a user is supposed to be able to enable the hyperlink style in this fashion? If so, what is it? If not, why doesn't the code clear it and log an error if it somehow gets set?

Thanks, reset style fixed it!