The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Page indexing working? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been playing with going to history ad finding viewed pages using words that exist on those pages. The browser never seems to find any of these pages unless the word was part of the url or tittle. Is web page content indexing working in B1?

Works fine for me. Do you have "All History Info" selected in the history search?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild
Works fine for me. Do you have "All History Info" selected in the history search?

Yes I do. You sure it is finding text on those pages and not just text in the url or web page name?

Does anybody from omnigroup read these forums? I was not looking for a long answer but a quick yes or no would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp07
Does anybody from omnigroup read these forums? I was not looking for a long answer but a quick yes or no would be nice.
They do, but not everything. If you're looking for support the official channels are laid out here: http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/support/

indexing is broken, so the answer to "Is web page content indexing working in B1?" is "no" :)

We hope to get this working again though, sorry to keep you waiting on this.

No problem. Thanks for the reply.

Indexing is not working, but reading the index is--so people who have built up an index on 5.1 will still see some results in 5.5 but they will be getting further and further out of date.

Wow.. I just realized that site indexing is back on as of a couple of betas. One of the main reasons I like Omniweb. Thanks!!!!

Steven

Is there a keyboard shortcut to quickly get to the search box in the history? I know Comand-Shift-H takes me to history. Any way to then do a search in the history without reaching for the mouse?