The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I preferred the old icon/color; why change it? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please, change the color of the icon on iphone. Blue was so good, why did you change it?
When the icon became violet, I dropped OF to start using Things.
It was subconscious but this color is so against productivity that I stopped opening the app and started to forget tasks.
So I began using things, but just after a couple of months I'm coming back to OF which I actually prefer (years ago I was already doing task magement with the wonderful omnioutliner and OF is so similar...)
Let me be clear, Violet is a great color. For a website, for a magazine, for a t-shirt, even for a bike, but it doesn't communicate productivity, at all. Blue is the color, blue is "calm, sit down and start working"; red is alarming and stressing but after all good for a task manager; purple, the color of the desktop icon, is nice, maybe a little feminine. Green and yellow could be good, more energetic but not stressing as red.
This list just to tell, there are many colors to choose from, WHY did you choose violet???? :-)
Hope you get the message.
And a disclaimer: these are my tastes for colors, maybe other people think different than me. Well, of course I'm here to listen to other users express their thoughts...

When was it ever blue? Perhaps you should get your eyes checked. Formerly it was a purple check mark on white ruled paper.

Just in case there is any debate about what the old icon really looked like, it can be seen here: http://classic.omnigroup.com/applica...ifocus/iphone/

Yes I now what you mean - I loved the old icon so much - the new is so damn dark/unhappy and a little bit oldschool.

The old was so fresh/clean and gives me something like "welcome!".

The old one also looks much better beside the iOS icons..

BTW: yes, I mean the old OF-iPhone-icon (which wasn't blue ^^)

Heh, where were you when we were getting overwrought emails about the old icon SCOURING the RETINAS of the EYEBALLS of KITTENS and other similarly caps-laden hyperbole for the last three years? ;-)

More seriously, I don't think there's an icon yet crafted that's gonna make everyone happy, but this one seems to make more folks happy than the previous one did. We'll likely stick with it for a while and see how things go.

(I am going to tweak the title of the thread a bit to make it more find-able by folks who also prefer the previous one. If there are folks out there who have constructive suggestions, we'd love to hear them.)

@Brian
don't change the icon. i think it looks great (especially with the retina display). I'm just looking forward to you guys changing the desktop version of OF to coincide more with the look/feel of the iPad. My dad has the iPad and I'm so jealous of the Forecast and the new Review.