The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing a section? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Printing seems to print out the entire outline.
I like one outline since I can go one place to see everything but only want to print out a level one topic (and sub topics) so client does not see the whole list. Possible?

Yes.
1) Select the tasks you want to print for the client
2) Choose "Filter" from the View menu
3) Set the filter to "is Selected" and click OK
4) Print

Ok have the box checked
Did not see Fiter in he View Menu - its in the print dialog box after clicking the button next to the printer name.

So in any case, issue solved. Thanks for your help!!

Oh right. We added document filtering and removed print filtering in 1.5. (Any reason you haven't updated yet?)

Outliner says my copy of pro is updated ... see there is my problem, I posted to the wrong forum. The confusion is mine.

LOL ... sounds like a nice feature for Outline however ...

Last edited by llaamaboy; 2008-07-22 at 11:09 AM..

Oh, well, it's still the wrong forum, but if what you want to do is print one specific item w/ all its descendants, just Hoist to the item in question (cmd-shift-H).

-Tom