The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bump up display size? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm just trying OmniFocus out and while I'm kicking the tires, I've come to something that makes it really hard to cozy up to the program. That's an apparent inability to zoom the display, as I can with simple keystroke commands or a zoom button in Word, and even OmniWeb and OmniGraffle.

I've also tried control+command in conjunction with the mouse scroll wheel, but still nothing.

Am I missing how to do this? My middle-aged eyes need help!

There is no zoom function in OF. For more on changing font sizes see this thread.

Curt

Thanks. That seems a laborious way around something that happens without a thought in most all other programs, but perhaps a zoom option will be added later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
There is no zoom function in OF. For more on changing font sizes see this thread.

You could try selecting all tasks in planning mode and then shift-cmd-+ to increase the font size on all items at once. It won't work on notes, however.

Here's why...

Currently, themes\style support is weak at best AND if a person has their fonts optimized for best print layout, then often times, the view is EXTREMELY hard to read. Therefore, one needs to bump up the font for on-screen ops and then needs to bump it back down for printing - nowhere near the optimum.

It would be KILLER to have the same exact zoom functionality as what exists in OmniGraffle - just a little single-click pop-up with percentages. That's all we need. Then we can set our fonts for WYSIWYG and print is dialed in. PLUS we can zoom to 125% or even higher for working on-screen.

THEN - add strong style support like what exists in OO-Pro and we're all good to go - the other apps won't have a chance.

Here's the deal - send me the source - I will get it done... :=)

I am very frustrated with the fonts and size in an otherwise great app.
I would like to increase the font size for viewing (maybe even set it as a perspective) and reduce the font size for printing (so I can get all of my actions on less than10 pages). Seems like a simple and basic feature to an app, but nothing works well, and I can't get the reduction for printing at all.

Any suggestions?

jasonzz: To clarify, are you using 1.0.3 or 1.1? We added a whole bunch of style settings in the preferences pane in 1.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
jasonzz: To clarify, are you using 1.0.3 or 1.1? We added a whole bunch of style settings in the preferences pane in 1.1.
I'm using the 1.1 version. No matter much I reduce the font size for viewing, it seems to come out the same for printing.

The printing in OF is quite limited, just the raw basics. You can use Page Setup to print at a smaller size--say, 85% of viewed size.

Also note that the Page Setup settings are saved on a per-perspective basis.

Curt