The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hiding projects until review date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrover
(…) I don't want that project mucking things up until it's started. (…), it just needs to be out of sight out of mind until it's start date.
Viewing actions we can either see all "Remainig" actions or just the "Available" ones, thereby excluding actions with a future start date.

I agree that it would be nice to have something similar for the projects, although I would prefer to do it in a different way:

Your future projects get a start date and you put them "On Hold", so they are out of the way. But being "On Hold" they are still in your scheduled review cycle for all projects "On Hold" and not in a view together with all active projects, which would make it difficult to selectively review them.

Then - when the start date arrives - they convert automatically to "Active Projects" and you see them and start acting upon them without any further remainder or intervention on your part.

"On Hold" would be the view for all projects defined as maybe/sometime without a specific start date and those future projects defined by a start date and converted to "Active Projects" upon reaching that start date.

That would probably be an even better way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I've submitted a feature request that projects whose start dates are in the future don't appear when viewing Active Projects.
Hear, hear.