The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using MailTags With OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like Mailtags and use it as a way to avoid opening my iCal.
My problem with Mailtags is that it interferes with OmniFocus' new Mail Rule that allows me to email Actions to myself while on the road.
it so much so that I recall a window opening telling me to uninstall and reinstall Mailtags. But even after I've done that, it still happens.
Jim with a Mac OS 10.411

See the post from <smorr@indev.ca> (the author of MailTags) earlier in this thread for a fix for the problem you're having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
What settings do you have in the "Inbox Processing" section of OmniFocus' 'Data' preferences?
I've got 'A Project' checked as well as "Clean Up should process completed in box items".

Still end up with item in inbox not in project even though the Project is properly set.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-06-12 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: fixed punctuation.

And after you hit the clean up button, the action stays in the inbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
And after you hit the clean up button, the action stays in the inbox?
Ahhhh. Clearly I haven't spent enough time reading the docs.

Thanks for your help.

Two requests for MailTags - OmniFocus:
1. keyword in mailtags gets translated to context if match.
2. MailTags enables you to type in a replacement subject for email. OmniFocus Action name should be the replacement subject if exists.

By the way, both are eminently do-able. iGTD has had these functionalities for over a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK0001 View Post
Two requests for MailTags - OmniFocus:
1. keyword in mailtags gets translated to context if match.
2. MailTags enables you to type in a replacement subject for email. OmniFocus Action name should be the replacement subject if exists.

By the way, both are eminently do-able. iGTD has had these functionalities for over a year.
As a MailTags user, I would love these features added as well.

And me - yet again I find myself fiddling with something half-works and leads me up the garden path before I find out here it doesn't ALL work

Would love if it would parse the keyword as context - without it you have simply not avoided another process

Hi Omni,
I note it's coming up to a year since the last post on this thread.
As I still use MailTags and Omnifocus every day, is there any chance you could add the necessary code so that tags with an @ at the start can be parsed as contexts?

Send in your feature requests with Help->Send Feedback, and encourage others who are interested to do so as well. Forum posts don't get counted when they are planning development efforts, and the more requests a change has, the more likely it is to be done.