The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please Bring Back iPhone and Web Interface support! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Not a perfect solution for many people, but it's been working nicely for me:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?p=22739

I think a few people need to read up on what "alpha software" means....

I just tried the suggestion to change the preferences and re-enable the web interface, (and looked in Pref Setter for other likely candidates), and it seems this is no longer possible. Oh please don't lose an iPhone/web possibility! I'm already hopelessly frustrated with the problems trying to sync two macs via iCal (really isn't working). I know that alpha is wonky, but it is very distressing to think this won't even be part of the final application! It really isn't going to be usable for me if I'm tied to my desktop.

iPhone support is why I'm holding off on purchasing. I'd purchase it right now if it had true support. I know it won't until there is an official SDK, but that's what I'm waiting for. Not this "web interface" people are trying to pass off as applications either. That's OK if it is meant as something to get me by until the real deal, but not as the end product.

For my use, OmniFocus is useless without an iPhone counterpart. I would rather use Apple Mail To-Do. I would hazard a guess that I would use it about 30-40% of the time on my desktop. The remaining time would be as I am out and about doing my tasks, including my tasks at work where I wouldn't even have my home desktop available.

I would gladly pay $100 for that capability.

I have been looking for a ‘workable’ and affordable way to implement GTD in my life and on my Mac. OF is one of the best solutions I have tried, and the early adopter price is attractive. I want something that will work with Leopard, and an iPhone and/or iPod Touch. I don’t care if I can sync online, as long as I can sync.

What I want to know is if OF will be able to do these things before OF 2.x comes out?

OmniFocus without an iPhone interface is almost completely useless to me, given how much I use the iPhone to GTD (to date, given there's damn little GTD support from Apple or even third-parties, yet).

The first party to provide a true iPhone GTD GUI, be it OF or Thing or someone else, will get my registration fees. (Ironic that I was searching for the way to pay the OF alpha fees when I stumbled across this thread. Now I have to start deliberating and evaluating all over again. Sigh.)