The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Row and column limits; attacment limits Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm about to start a textbook project and I'm trying to figure out if OO will work: what is the limit of rows, columns, and attachments possible?

The textbook will have 120 lessons (columns) composed of 40 to 50 tracks (rows). I will be attaching as many as 100 Word files to the outline; each Word file will be less than 1Mb.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by danielgjohnston; 2009-05-21 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: typo

Did you mean for this post to go into the OmniOutliner forum instead of the OmniPlan forum? If so, let me know and I can move it.

In general, none of our apps have built-in "X rows" or "Y columns" limits; instead, what you'll see happen is the app need more time to apply the various styles to the contents of the the 5000 or so cells in your document.

You'll see things slow down, but you shouldn't hit any hard limits or see things crash. The specific results you get depend on the hardware you're running the app on, how much text (a few words? many pages?) you're putting in each row/column...