The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Removing attachments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using Omnifocus for a while and I'm thrilled with it.

I have my voicemail automatically emailed to me and dumped into my "@Phone" context. I have files that need revisions dumped into my @ Laptop context. I have things I need to read dumped into my @ reading context.

In keeping with best GTD practices, if I don't need to retain these files, I embed them in Omnifocus and DON'T archive them anywhere else. If I need to archive the files, I do so and then link them into omnifocus.

Needless to say, I now have a REALLY bloated OmniFocus data file. Omnifocus has gotten so slow that it is unusable, and It hogs all of my RAM.

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to remove attachments on projects that were completed more than 30 days ago?

There's a thread on the forum about moving completed projects to a separate archive database. But before you do that, have you tried rebuilding your database? See File --> Rebuild Database... That helps quite a bit with performance. Also OF 1.1 is faster and will auto-rebuild periodically.

Curt