The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why is iPad Version better for Weekly Reviews? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was hoping this would be the place to ask. I've been searching the internet everywhere for the answer but can't find it.

I keep hearing everyone saying this in passing, that they prefer the iPad OmniFocus version over OSX for doing their weekly reviews, but I can't seem to find the reasons why, aside from perhaps the addition of the Forecast view.

When I have the patience to sit down and do the review process, it usually involves restructuring projects by dragging things around and moving projects into different folders etc. I like the idea of getting away from the office and just using the iPad but I find it so tedious and slow to go through the many taps it takes to move each action, or build hierarchies within a project. If sorting a project on OSX can take 1 minute, it seems iOS would take at least twice or thrice the time!

I know I must be missing something, so I'm hoping someone can point out the reasons why they find the iPad version superior for Reviews, and if I should be looking at things differently. Maybe a suggested article/video?

Are you faster at doing Reviews on the iPad? Do you do some of the Review on the iPad and the rest on OSX?

Thanks!

The review on the iPad is a separate section to the forecast.

In review mode the layout of the screen shows all your projects for review in the side bar, all the actions for that project show in the main window. Below that is all the review buttons etc.

Each project is handle one at a time which greatly aids the review and allows you to focus on that project alone. As you mark a project review it disappears from the sidebar until its next review is triggered. The controls at the bottom allow you to quickly set the review period on each project as you work through them.

Last edited by Cypher; 2013-04-09 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: added a screenshot