The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

yet another bug Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My iBook went to sleep for a week. When I decided to use the browser, wonderful spinning ball appeared and only option was to Force Quit. I tried to restart OmniWeb at least 5 times and after loading couple of pages it would hang every single time. Trying to load default workspace didn't change much. Moving all workspaces to Trash and restarting OmniWeb didn't change much.

Well, I can't send any bug reports save description above. Pity but it looks like I'm back to Safari. 15$ aren't much but too many things are very annoying about this browser. I'd prefer to find most of the bugs that bother me during trial time but it looks like OmniWeb got a month-without-problem-after-install attitude.

P.S. I'm not going to reboot in hope of miracle. Rebooting to revitalize one program while closing 10 others is rather annoying and remind me everyone's-favorite-OS.

Fixed problem by removing history and cookies files in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb5.

FWIW, I've probably put my PB to sleep 500 times with OW open and never had a problem with it coming back up. Do you have any haxies installed? How full was your HD at the time?

I've got 16Gb left on my harddrive. Only one plug-in is enabled to read pdf in the browser. Most things are disabled, including Java. Although at point it crashed I had 15+ windows opened. There was more than enough RAM left. Cookies should be discarded when exiting OW.

I assume you mean 16GB, or that could be the problem right there. If you only had 16Gb (2GB) that's often not enough.

Is 16GB how much you had at the time, or you have after restart? It's not uncommon to have 10-15GB of swap files for different apps & the OS, so if you have 16GB free after reboot then that could have very well filled up when the machine went to sleep, especially if you have a large amount of RAM.

I assume you checked your permissions and verified the disk?

Since I don't use my machine for much else than browsing/e-mail/chat/pdf-reading, RAM is almost never fully used (and that's 1Gb). Maybe swap files are there somewhere but I can't see them. When I said '16Gb left', it meant 16 Gb shown in Finder or using df. Total HD is 60Gb. Disk permissions are fine and I've got adequate rights.

Surfing on this forum I saw similar problem reported. Most likely it's not me who did wrong thing in that case. Dunno. Can't say I was happy to do clean up in the mentioned folder but at least bookmarks are intact.