The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

when does it sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
love the program! been going crazy getting organized since its release.

quick question. when does the app sync? i looked at your website, read through lots of forum discussions, but can't find anything that describes the sync process.

i'm assuming it is automatic. does it sync after every new or edited entry? every five, ten, fifteen minutes when the app is open? should i manually sync before i close? i'm guessing it is like the iphone app, but i never see it sync'g (doing the circle thing in the upper left corner), so i can't be sure.

ok, more than one question. whoops. appreciate the help.

It should sync 1 minute after you make a change, and hourly thereafter. I think it will also sync on launch if it has been more than an hour since the last sync, but my kid won't surrender the iPad to allow me to confirm that :)

If you want to be sure that any changes you've made are "flushed out" to the sync server, then sure, tap the sync button and wait for the wheel to stop spinning before closing the app.

I'm not so sure about that
Does the syncing behave differently when on wifi?
I noticed that mine was out of sync with my computer - and discovered that it hadn't synced since last night - making changes didn't seem to do it either. I forced it and all was well, then noticed it was on 3g only (no wireless).