The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

5.8 finished when? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We're still on SP1, no new builds in 2 weeks.

Wondering if and when it's going to be released or at least moved along.

What are the bugs/known issues holding it up?

Know what? Never mind, I've gone back to FF 3.01. If it's not worth the time or trouble for Omni, it's not worth the time or trouble for me either.

obviously omniweb-developement has slowed down for some time. but i think it won't help getting upset and posting your angry thoughts.

omni promised to keep on developing omniweb. maybe they are already working on omniweb 6!
let's wait for news, and don't disconcert potential omniweb-users. it is still a good browser, just the implementation of the features is poor at the moment.
i hope ow 6 has some cool innovativ features to keep up with the other browsers again.
maybe think about, to make it a free browser? this would dramatically increase the number uf users. some kind of advertisement for omni (if ow 6 gets a great browser, like the other versions were at the time they were released)

I'm not upset, and I didn't mean to sound nasty. I apologize. I was just stating a fact, I'm done. There's no compelling reason to use OW at this point.

If they ever release 6.0, or have a SP round with 6, and it offers some compelling new features, I may take a look again.

But for right now, FF3 works better, and if there's something I would like to add/change about it, the odds are there's an extension for it -- instead of hoping OW will add a feature in a year.

Makes me sad, not angry.

I hate to admit, I'm close to ditching OminWeb for FF 3.01, too. For now the only thing OW does better is basically it being a full blown Cocoa app and it can use Services, which FF can't yet.

For anything else FF (with some extensions) really make OW look oldish. I'm very sad, too, because I have been a convinced OmniWeb user and evangelist, at every presentation I did at the Tokyo Mac User's group I tried to bring in a little pitch for OminWeb, but now I'm at the point to tell people, if you want more than Safari can give you, try FF 3...

So sad...

OW is still more polished. Many common keyboard commands do not work in FF3. There's still a half dozen features in OW that are better implemented than the FF add-on equivalent.