The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Retina Support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I miss being able to use OmniDazzle's Cutout since moving to a MacBook Pro Retina. It tells me "Your graphics hardware does not meet the requirements to use OmniDazzle" when I try to start it up. Any chance there'll be an update to address this?

Our commercial projects have had us very busy for the last several years, and we anticipate that remaining the case for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't rule it out entirely, but it's not likely. Sorry.

Understandable. It's a pity, though, I found it very useful and will happily pay for a replacement, when I find one. Perhaps a small independent developer will seize the opportunity.

I appreciate the response. A lot of companies out there will just ignore such questions rather than providing an honest "no."

I successfully used Omnidazzle with my MacBook Pro Retina and the large Apple Thunderbolt display in dual monitor mode. It worked flawlessly across both the notebook and external displays. When I disconnected the monitor the app simply fails to run natively on the MBPro Retina display.

I uninstalled the app. Cleaned out the leftovers. Rebooted. Reinstalled thinking that the app might actually "adapt" without success. Here is the Console Log output:

CONSOLE LOG:
10/15/2012 9:11:37.861 AM OmniDazzle[632]: Main screen not supported! Screen: (null)
10/15/2012 9:11:37.861 AM OmniDazzle[632]: Capabilities: (null)
10/15/2012 9:11:37.861 AM OmniDazzle[632]: Qualifier: {
op = and;
qualifiers = (
{
op = "=";
path = "opengl.extensions.GL_EXT_framebuffer_object";
value = 1;
},
{
op = "=";
path = "opengl.extensions.GL_ARB_texture_rectangle";
value = 1;
}
);
}

If Apple cursor management was more robust and/or there were alternative apps that provided similar functionality then the statement below would not be so disappointing. Perhaps, you might consider converting the Omnidazzle into a supported commercial product or publish the source code if you are not planning on further support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Our commercial projects have had us very busy for the last several years, and we anticipate that remaining the case for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't rule it out entirely, but it's not likely. Sorry.