The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Personal change log Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would love to be able to see a human readable log that would show what items I created and what items I accomplished or deleted during a day and week. The idea of a running journal that would give you an at-a-glance idea of what you've been up to see really compelling.

You can do that now, after a fashion. Make yourself a context mode perspective that shows completed actions, grouping by date completed, probably sorting by project or date completed, completed actions with all the groups closed except completed today (or whatever you need to show). Save it as a perspective, with the Restore Expansion box checked.

You can do the same for items added by grouping by date added, showing all actions. If you've got a lot of repeating tasks, the usefulness of this perspective is diminished.

I assume by deleted you mean completed; there isn't a practical way to keep track of items you've actually removed from the database.

RobTrew's excellent Where in OF script will let you do all sorts of wondrous searches (need to see actions with "xyz" in the notes field that were completed last Thursday, added before January 13, 2012 and were estimated to take at most 15 minutes? You can do it!) but it does not give you a display showing *only* those items (you may have to see other actions in the display, though the searched-for ones will be the only ones highlighted by selection, so you could copy and paste into some other document), and the display is static.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2012-07-17 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Update link