The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SP14 crashes: DPReview Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've had to go back to SP12. I've found that DPReview
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1033
Panasonic Talk crashes SP14 almost as soon as I click on a thread. The first time, was the second thread I clicked on, but after looking at the content of the first thread I opened, I just used the back button. The second time was instant, the moment I clicked on a thread. I've just thought I should have tried re-starting the computer in between, but I didn't, and SP12 had been so stable I simply replaced it with SP14.

I guess I'm going to have to re-install SP14 in another location and try again after a restart.

I sent in CrashCatcher reports both times.

Mark

SP 14 crashes for me on several different sites (including this forum :( )

I will go back to #12 -- that one was rock stable. :)

//Magnus

I can use the DPreview forum linked above, no problems.

I can click on any link there and no crashes -- in fact, it loads very fast, even the messages with images.

Last edited by Handycam; 2006-06-08 at 05:07 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake6
SP 14 crashes for me on several different sites (including this forum :( )

I will go back to #12 -- that one was rock stable. :)

//Magnus
Trouble is, just got an alert, the licence on SP12 expired 10 minutes ago, I guess! Damn.
So I'm back on 14. I'll try DPReview again, as Handycam has no problems ...

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
I can use the DPreview forum linked above, no problems.

I can click on any link there and no crashes -- in fact, it loads very fast, even the messages with images.
I have no problems either, and it's quite fast for me, too. I just fired up sp14.

Perhaps the problem was caused by this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
Perhaps the problem was caused by this?
Actually, afb, that is not my problem, as I have always had that set, and it is still crashing ... quick yes, but quick to crash too :(
It's still crashing, even after shutting down for a few hours and starting up again.
I'm going to try trashing my prefs and starting again, which was suggested by Cortig on the other thread to see if that helps.

Mark

If you discover the problem to be in the prefs file, what you can do is go through the file as text (plutil -convert xml1) and selectively delete sections of prefs. Make sure to reconvert it, though (plutil -convert binary1).

Yes. It was the "Request web pages in my preferred language(s)". Switch it to ON, and no more crashes :) :)

//magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
If you discover the problem to be in the prefs file, what you can do is go through the file as text (plutil -convert xml1) and selectively delete sections of prefs. Make sure to reconvert it, though (plutil -convert binary1).
Thanks for the advice, afb. I was actually planning simply to move my prefs file out and start a new one ... I don't have that much which would need completely re-setting, and I am not savvy enough to be working at that kind of level.
But as it happens, before I've even had a chance to do what I intended, SP15 has come out and it seems to have solved the problem anyway (Thank you OmniGods!) I've been up and down the DPReview Panasonic Talk forum that was crashing SP14 with no problems, including posting one comment and starting another but then abandoning it after about 6 re-edits, and no problems.
Thanks again.
Mark