The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Way to hide Folders with no active projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use folders to group projects that I have with various customers is there a way to "hide" a folder that has no active projects until one the the remain projects becomes active? Right now it works OK but the folder is always there even if there is no active projects.

Thanks in advance,

George

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to automatically hide folders in the sidebar based on the state of contained projects. However, here are a couple of possible workarounds:

1) You could manually set the folder's status to "Dropped". Its icon will get a red "X" on it and the folder will no longer show up unless you choose to display "All Projects" from the view bar.

2) Leave the folder as visible in the sidebar but use "Group Projects by Folder" in the main content area (using the view bar). Each folder's contents are then represented in the main content area under a gray heading with the folder name. Folders without active projects don't get displayed at all.

Thanks Toadling. The Group Project by Folder is a good work around for now. I'll make a feature request too. Thanks. George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
2) Leave the folder as visible in the sidebar but use "Group Projects by Folder" in the main content area (using the view bar). Each folder's contents are then represented in the main content area under a gray heading with the folder name. Folders without active projects don't get displayed at all.
Unfortunately, this workaround doesn't work well for me as I have folder hierarchy that creates context and because it flattens out your whole tree - you can't just fold the parent for the purpose of information hiding.

I 2nd the request to hide folders that don't have any active projects underneath.