The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sub task group work schedule Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have three main "projects" set up in my file.
1) personal
1.1) landscape yard
1.1.1) find lot lines
1.1.2) sketch yard
1.1.3) etc.
1.2) clean attic
1.2.1) etc.

2) freelance
2.1) client 1
2.1.1) job 1
2.1.2) etc
2.2) client 2
2.2.1) job 1
2.2.2) etc.

3) work
etc.

Can I have my landscape job just be the weekends?
Can I have my freelance work just be the evenings?

I am trying to put all my "projects" into Omniplan so that I can map out how much actual time they take up - if I need more resources and when I might actually be done and not overschedule.

think of it as a GTD personal productivity with gantt charting. <<grin>>

Thanks

If there is no shared timelines between the projects, it's probably better to put them in seperate projects with each having the resources limited to the times you described. Since one project is just weekends & the other is just weekdays, this is fine. Alternatively in a single project file, you could setup duplicate resources like Me (Weekday) & Me (Weekend). Then setup distinct schedules for each of those resources.