The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Task information lost when publishing to Google Calendar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to publish to Google Calendar so team members have visibility to project tasks, but find that only the child-task name, as well as duration are incorporated into the calendar.

Is there a way to include the parent task/group name, as well as other information (specifically resources assigned)? Is there a better way for me to get this information to my team? I need an easy way for them to get their specific tasks, and not bombard them with information they don't need. They don't need to be able to update the information at all, just view it, and hopefully incorporate it into their calendaring.

The problem I'm facing is that there are several child tasks with the same name that will occur on the same day, but with different resources assigned and associated with different parent tasks. When I look at Google Calendar, I just see 12 different events titled "Photography" or "Graphic Production" but no additional information.

Thanks.

Hi Dedestan,
I'm also interested in this, but would also like to ask you what settings you used to publish to Google Calendar. I've been trying a number of options via CalDAV and Google but have not had any success.

Could you list the steps you took to allow tasks to be published to Google Calendar?

Thanks,
Harold

We browse the forums as we're able to on top of our other duties, but in this case, the person that saw your question lacks sufficient OmniPlan-Fu to answer it. (Apologies!)

If you haven't already, you'll want to make sure to send a copy of this to the support ninjas; that's going to guarantee you a response from more knowledgeable than I...

@Brian... thank you. I will contact the support team as well.

@rolders... I set up a new account in the accounts preferences window (Account Type: Google, using my google user name and password). With the account verified, I went to Projects>Publish and added an action "tasks to/from calendar server events." I then added a new account, selecting my google calendar. Then I published it.

Let me know if something works for you, and I'll share any help I get from the support team.

Dede