The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export/save/print part of a schedule Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a schedule that started 6 months ago. I want to export the schedule from a week ago through the next few months in some PDF or other format that non-Omni-plan users can view (or some other format - picture, etc. - anything that a generic user could view) (and not include all of the past history)

I can't find a way to export it that will left me start the gant chart lines for the first date I want to be at the "left" - next to the task list - I can only export or print to PDF the whole thing which starts with my prior dates on the left and the current parts of the schedule far to the right. It's OK for me in OmniPlan because I can scroll right and the prior months scroll off my page - but for them, they have to trace from the task list through a lot of white space to get to the current tasks in a PDF.

Any suggestions? My tasks are in time-chunks so that if I could say "save/export tasks N through M" that would be perfect for my example.

Julia

Try using View->Filter Tasks to scrape off all of the material you don't want to show. Export will only export the stuff in the current view, so if you set your filter to only show items with a start date on or after a week ago, you should get what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Try using View->Filter Tasks to scrape off all of the material you don't want to show. Export will only export the stuff in the current view, so if you set your filter to only show items with a start date on or after a week ago, you should get what you want.
I would like to export only part of the task list, but these instructions only result in a one line output. What could be causing this?

Thanks,

Most likely it's because your filter eliminates all but one line. Take a look at your filter logic. You want to specify a set of conditions that matches only the lines you want to keep in view. If you are filtering by dates, you probably want "is on or before" or "is on or after" instead of "is on".

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Most likely it's because your filter eliminates all but one line. Take a look at your filter logic. You want to specify a set of conditions that matches only the lines you want to keep in view. If you are filtering by dates, you probably want "is on or before" or "is on or after" instead of "is on".
Am not filtering by date, only IsSelected to indicate the highlighted group of tasks and/or Type for Group of Tasks, using any/all -- still only one line shows, without the expanded group of tasks below.

Row text is 'Always Show Full Text'
View is Actual, no baseline has been set; no changes made to anything yet. Could this be the problem? Thus I tried setting baseline with a sample project, still same result.

Please advise.

Wonderful -- there's an easy fix for that. You are only getting the one row because you only have one row selected. Select all of the rows of interest, not just the top row of the group. Then you'll get the results you expect from the filter, as seen in the two attached images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 5.png
Views:	1093
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	1075
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1142