The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing iMac and MacBook via MobileMe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My iMac and iPhone are working wonderfully. I fired up OF on my MB and copied the latest backup and that started off great. I went to the pref pane for syncing and went to select MobileMe, but all options are grayed out and I cannot sync. What do I need to do to sync my MB via MobileMe?

Did you configure MobileMe on the MB with your login credentials? If not, OmniFocus won't allow you to configure sync via MobileMe.

By the way, to extend OmniFocus to another machine, the best way to do it is to simply configure sync on the new machine and do a sync. You'll be prompted about replacing your database and starting to sync, and once you agree, you're off to the races. However, if you copy your database over, make some changes, and then try to set up sync, you may run into difficulty.

Had to log out and log back in using System Preferences and then it synced right up. Thanks for the help!