The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to create task with "due date" BUT without "due time" ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
ladies and gentlemen,

-hope not to duplicate this topic-

anyway does anyone know how to create a new task, set a DUE DATE but without setting TIME? I just like to view the tasks which are due on particular date, but don't wanna alerts etc. for those tasks.

thanks!
joe

No such animal. If you don't specify a time with the date, you get the value of your default due time (specified in the preferences).

Thanks. Well I think that entering a task with a certain date but without the need of specifying time should be essential.

I don't always want to get reminders with every task. But in most cases I like to specify a due date.

Are there plans to integrate such feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire00 View Post
Well I think that entering a task with a certain date but without the need of specifying time should be essential.

I don't always want to get reminders with every task. But in most cases I like to specify a due date.
Go to Preferences > Data and enter 12:00am for Default time for Due Dates. This will cause tasks due on whatever date to be colored your due date color—assigned in Preferences > Styles—when the clock strikes midnight and the due date arrives. I imagine this should meet your needs, since if a developer disallows user configuration of due time, the developer generally assigns a default due time of 12am, the beginning of a day. If you'd like for the task color to change at the end of the due date, just set the default time to 11:59pm.

If you would rather not see the Growl reminders, go to System Preferences > Growl > Applications > OmniFocus and click Configure. Click Notifications and disable some or all of the notification types (Back-up created, Clipping added to Inbox, Task Available, Task Due Soon, Task Overdue) from the drop-down Notifications menu.

(If you have a staggeringly efficient review system and prefer to not even see a visual color reminder indicating a due task, configure the past due task color in Perferences > Styles to match your main task color).