The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mobile me AND Disk same time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an iphone, a desktop and a Macbook with OF on each. I HAVE been using Mobile Me for syncing with no problems. I just tried the DISK option between the desktop and Macbook and it's MUCH faster. Is there a way to have the iPhone continue to use Mobile Me and the Macbook and Desktop use DISK? I've played around a little and it doesn't seem to work but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I assume there can be only one MASTER sync file but hoping, maybe, there can be a few that keep tabs on each other. Am I dreaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Is there a way to have the iPhone continue to use Mobile Me and the Macbook and Desktop use DISK?
No, I'm afraid not: you can only have one sync database at a time.

Have you tried the new Bonjour sync method? This stores the sync database on a local disk also (giving you more speed), but shares it in a way that lets your iPhone access it when they're on the same local Wi-Fi network.